10 Dec 2010
Flick’s Raw Fish
This quarters recipe comes courtesy of Flick at Trio.
Got a great fish recipe you want to share? Send it in to Murray Dixon and if we print it, we’ll send you a bottle of wine.
- 500 grams fresh trevally or kingfish
- 2 limes
- 1 tin of light coconut cream (re 300gms)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 yellow and 1 red capsicum
- Salt, Pepper
- Cut the fish into small cubes
- Squeeze the juice of two limes (or lemons) over it.
- Stir, cover and leave for half an hour.
- Chop the onion, capsicum and chives into bite size pieces – enough so it spreads throughout the final mixture, but the fish is still dominant.
- Add the can of light coconut cream.
- Drain the fish and stir it into the mixture.
- Add a sprinkle of parsley, salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime to taste and then serve.